Whether you’re a consumer or a corporate buyer, the e-retailer who sells to them, or the delivery service that brings the parcel, there are implications – regulations to comply with and extra costs in the form of import duties and VAT. CC Collect helps you navigate the complexities of customs clearance, duty and tax payments and keep your goods on the move with simple payment steps and breaking down the clustered process.
In short, CC Collect cuts out the middle man and breaks down the costs on your goods so it's easy to understand what you are paying for. Instead of a totalled amount, a breakdown in payments can be a lot less overwhelming and as a result more understandable; duty and tax payment made simple.
Our solutions to YOU, wherever you are:
eRetailers – shift the burden of tax and duty for the customer, to concentrate on being competitive.
Final Mile Delivery Company – know prior to delivery who has paid and give their customers a mechanism to pay if they have not already done so
Customs Broker – add an industry standard, elegant solution for consignee payment of DDU
Customers – a smart and convenient way to pay duty and tax before taking delivery of goods. Avoid unexpected charges by breaking down your costs, to a digestible amount.
This app functions by accessing a data feed, which will update with the latest commodity, codes and costs associated with the purchased goods, to ensure an informative and up-to-date experience for users. We achieved the challenges we set out, with the additional features in security such as tokenization. It was also important to increase dual functionality between the website and the application, allowing the user to access their secure purchasing history and track their package whereabouts. The outcome was a more refined experience for users to easily process imported goods, that this process is stripped down to make it easy to understand for new users, and quick for experienced users.
“I have just tested the new iOS version, it is fabulous! A real thing of beauty!”
Dwayne Ferguson, MD, CC Collect
1. The user downloads the app from the relevant app store
2. On first starting the app, the user is required to enter all their registration details, i.e. name, company, address, email, mobile, credit card, security question etc. in order to create an account.
3. Upon successful registration and verification, the user is invited to enter the transaction number given from the clearance company who imported their goods into the country.
4. The app then comes back with a description of the goods ordered, so that the user can either confirm or decline that these are the right goods.
5. Once the user has provided confirmation, the duty and vat costs associated with those goods are presented to the user, and with the option to pay.
6. The user then pays by the click of a button; the app then accesses the mobile wallet to deduct the monies from the account held on file in the wallet.
7. On success, the app then confirms that payment has been made and thanks the user for using the service.
8. An email confirmation is sent providing details of the transaction including a breakdown of the charges.
Like the internet, mobile users are ever increasing. The use of mobile apps to access necessary platforms have become an integral part of daily life. Today, mobile apps are an essential promoting tool for any business, small or big, allowing users to access at anytime and any place. We, at Mars Spiders, have developed a mobile app for CC Collect to provide convenience and accessibility at its very best.
The creation of this app involved an extensive process of planning, designing, developing and testing. By using this app, customers are able to experience a fast, simple and hassle-free process of getting their taxes and customs paid for their shipping.
How the App Works?
The way this app works is that it will access a data feed, which will update with the latest commodity, codes and costs associated with the purchased goods.
Secure wallet to add multiple credit / debit cards
Ability to load funds onto a specific credit card
Full branding in CC Collect brand
3D added security
Deep integration into our mobile app & website
Full backend reporting
Mars Spiders & CC Collect E-Commerce Awards finalist
Additional Functionality for the Website
1. Transaction history information – so the user can see the items they have paid for in the past 6 months.
2. Package tracking – so the customer can get a good approximation of where in the process their package is.
Based in the tech heart of London digital agency Mars Spiders are your go to mobile design and development experts.
Fuelled by cutting edge scientific innovation we dream big ideas and design, code, deliver and market the most stylish and refined experiences across any device and platform.
Mars Spiders always goes the extra mile for our clients; professionals like you embrace our services, corporate and Startup alike.
11 Orwell Court, Pownall Road London E8 4PS United Kingdom